Wednesday, February 13, 2008

LOCKED UP LOCKED DOWN

NYS POLITICAL PRISIONER - 74A3701 ibn kenyatta - My creative life has so many extentions. ibn kenyatta affectionately called "k" & Safiya Bandele (his life partner) are two special people that continue to inspire my creative heart. I am grateful to God to have ibn and Safiya are in my life. We met some 20 years ago and inspite of the distance that prison creates the strength, dedication, love, respect, honor and devotion I have witnessed has been constant. When I reflect and think of k and Safiya, it reconfirms my belief that there is nothing stronger than the bonds of love. ibn & Safiya, I thank God "tha u 2 r n my lif." The wisdom, strength and mentorship that you both given to others inspite all of the difficulties the two of you continue to endure makes me humble. Chapters in the Quran and the Bible that talk about love, faith, struggle and tribulations should be rewritten to include the story of ibn & Safiya. I love you both dearly. For more information about "k's" life struggle begin by reading this article http://inthefray.com/200202/identify/kenyatta11/kenyatta11.html

No comments: